Sunday, January 8, 2012

Photoshoot in Nigeria

As most of you already know, I was out of the country for 3 months. During this time I took the opportunity to expand my business to the Nigerian market. I had the opportunity to participate in a couple of shows in Nigeria, Design and produce my spring/summer 2012 collection (coming soon) and shoot an ad campaign for the collection. Below are the behind the scene pictures.













In Nigeria we get only two seasons: Raining season (when it obviously rains) and dry season (absolutely no rain). I was fortunate to be there during the dry season and there was this dry, dusty, sunny, brown feel. I took my inspiration for this collection directly from this feel. My main fabric was this embroidered taffeta that was dyed and waxed to resemble a reptile skin (Just a side note - reptiles are mainly found in hot dry regions).

Photo credit
Make Up - Diamond Beauty Club
Photo Director - Iz
Models - Tessy, Fejiro
Hair - Emua
Clothes and Accessories - Emua

No comments: